Margaret Flowers, M.D.
Dr. Flowers is a Maryland pediatrician with experience as a hospitalist at a rural hospital and in private practice. She is currently working on single-payer health care reform full-time. In addition to her activity as co-chair of the Maryland chapter and national board advisor for PNHP, Dr. Flowers is on the board of Healthcare-Now! and on the steering committee of the Leadership Conference for Guaranteed Health Care. Dr. Flowers obtained her medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine and did her residency at John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.
Elias K. Shaya, M.D.
Dr. Shaya is Chief of Psychiatry at the Good Samaritan Hospital of Maryland, Inc. and President, Elias K. Shaya, M.D., P.A. — Multidisciplinary Group Practice. He is trained in psychiatry and nuclear medicine, and an instructor in Radiology and Medicine at the Johns Hopkins University, and Assistant Professor of Health Sciences at the George Washington University. Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association.
Local Unions Endorsing HR676
- Western Maryland Central Labor Council
- SEIU 32 BJ (Baltimore)
- GCC-1 Brotherhood of Teamsters (Baltimore)
- International Organizations of Masters, Mates, and Pilots, (Linthicum)
- United Steelworkers, Local 8-116 S (Baltimore)
- Baltimore Filbey Area Local of American Postal Workers Union (Baltimore)
- UNITE — Here, Mid Atlantic, Baltimore City Branch, NAACP, International Association of Machinists (Upper Marlboro)
- AFSCME Local 1535 (Baltimore)
- United Transportation Union (Frostburg)
- IBEW (Cockeysville)