The Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement is dedicated to accelerating healthcare improvement and transformation for Canadians. We collaborate with governments, policy-makers, and health system leaders to convert evidence and innovative practices into actionable policies, programs, tools and leadership development. In this series of briefs, CFHI researchers refute many of the myths about the Canadian health system and publicly-financed health care in general. Especially recommended are:
- User fees (i.e., copays) would stop waste and ensure better use of the health care system (pdf)
- For-profit ownership of facilities would lead to a more efficient health care system (pdf)
- A parallel private system would reduce waiting times in the public system (pdf)
- Canada has a communist-style healthcare system (pdf)
- Canadian doctors are leaving for the United States in droves (pdf)
To read more of CFHI’s Mythbusters, visit their website.