Email us for information on local activists
Jim Mitchiner, M.D., M.P.H., FACEP
Dr. James Mitchiner is currently an attending emergency physician at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor, Michigan. In addition, he has an academic appointment at the University of Michigan Medical School. He is Past President of the Michigan College of Emergency Physicians and has served in the American College of Emergency Physicians as the Chair of its State Legislative and Regulatory Committee, and as a member of the Task Force on Health Care and the Uninsured. A longtime single-payer advocate, he is active in Physicians for a National Health Program, which has 18,000 members nationwide. Dr. Mitchiner received his M.D. from the University of Illinois College of Medicine and received a master’s degree in health management and policy from the University of Michigan School of Public Health.
John Cavacece, D.O. | email@example.com
John Cavacece has been a family physician, practicing full spectrum family medicine, for 18 years. He received his D.O. degree from the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1986. He has been Associate Director of the Grand Rapids Family Medicine Residency since 1996. John spent ten years as an Air Force physician as both a staff physician and faculty at Air Force residencies before taking his present position in Grand Rapids. A Society for Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) member since 1993, John is currently the Chair of the Group on Family, a subgroup of STFM. His interests are primarily in behavioral medicine, teaching the concepts of Relationship-Centered Care to residents. He has been a member of Physicians for a National Health Plan (PNHP) since 2002.
Tim Lambert, D.O.
Dr. Lambert is a family physician and faculty member of the Munson Medical Center Family Practice Residency Program in Traverse City. He has worked in the community with the migrant health clinic, the Grand Traverse Band Native American health clinic and most recently with the Grand Traverse Regional Health Care Coalition Board (Vice-President 2004-2006)
Local Unions Endorsing HR676
- UAW Local 6000, Region 1A Retiree Chapter, Michigan
- Metropolitan Detroit AFL-CIO Central Labor Council
- Local 829 United Steelworkers (USW), Owosso, MI
- Local 2-591 United Steelworkers (USW), Riverview, MI
- Local 6000, United Auto Workers (UAW), Michigan State Employees, Lansing, MI
- Local 196, United Steelworkers (USW), Trenton, MI
- Branch 3126, National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC), Royal Oak, MI.
- Local Lodge 141, International Association of Machinists (IAM), representing airline workers at Northwest, United, Southwest, and Alaska. Detroit, MI
- American Postal Workers Union (APWU), Michigan State Convention, May, 2006
- United Automobile Workers, International Union Convention, June 2006
- Local 547, International Union of Operating Engineers, Detroit, MI
- Jackson/Hillsdale Counties Central Labor Council, AFL-CIO, Jackson, MI
- Michigan State AFL-CIO Women’s Council
- Local Union 176, United Steelworkers (USW), Rochester, MI
- Local Union 314, United Steelworkers, (USW), Detroit, MI
- Local Union 389, United Steelworkers (USW), Detroit, MI
- Local Union 2659, United Steelworkers (USW), Southgate, MI
- Local Union 9491, United Steelworkers (USW), Hamburg, MI
- Monroe/Lenawee County AFL-CIO Council
- Detroit A. Phillip Randolph Institute
- Greater Lansing Labor Council, Lansing, MI
- UAW Local 909