Dr. Johnathon Ross: firstname.lastname@example.org
Single-Payer Action Network, Ohio
Johnathon Ross, M.D., MPH
Dr. Johnathon Ross is a past president of Physicians for a National Health Program, a national health reform group with over 17,000 members (PNHP). He is a graduate of Cornell University and received his medical degree in 1975 from the Medical College of Ohio at Toledo. In addition to his medical degree, he has a master’s degree in health policy and administration from the School of Public Health of the University of Michigan. He is an Associate Clinical Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Toledo and currently practices and teaches general internal medicine at St Vincent Mercy Medical Center, a 500 bed center city teaching hospital in Toledo, Ohio. He has served as a family physician in a small rural community in upstate New York as a member of the National Health Service Corps. He has served as medical director for several organizations including: a local industrial medicine concern, the local visiting nurse service, a charitable HMO established by his Catholic hospital system and currently a center city adult medical clinic. He has served as chairman of the department of Internal Medicine at St. Vincent. He has been a member of the executive committee of medical staff of St Vincent, a board member of its PHO, and as chairman of several committees of the hospital, the HMO and the PHO focused on quality improvement. He has served as a member of the Ohio State Medical Board and helped to establish the educational requirements and scope of practice for licensed physician assistants in Ohio. His experience inside the health insurance industry convinced him of the logic and need for a national health insurance program.
Alice Faryna, M.D. | 614, 249-2667 | email@example.com
Dr. Faryna is certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. She has 40 years of experience including private practice, Neighborhood health centers, the VA. Associate professsor of Medicine at the Wright State University School of Medicine (now the Boonshoft School of Medicine) for 14 years, and 8 years as Medical Director for Medicare Part B, Ohio and West Virginia.
Andrei Vermont, M.D.
Dr. Vermont is a Radiologist who completed his post graduate training at Johns Hopkins Medical Institution. He now practices in the Cleveland Clinic and has taught on the faculty of SUNY University Hospital, University of North Carolina, Michigan State University, and Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.
Mary Jo Groves, M.D., FAAFP
Dr. Groves received her training at Ohio University, and Ohio State University, with clinical honors in internal medicine, OB/GYN, pediatrics and psychiatry. She is Board certified in family practice, and a Fellow, American Academy of Family Practice. She currently is the Director of Community Mercy Urgent Care in Springfield.
Thomas Pretlow, M.D.
Dr. Pretlow is Professor in the Departments of Pathology, Oncology, Urology, and Environmental Health Sciences at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Since becoming Professor in the Departments of Pathology and Biochemistry at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Dr. Pretlow has spent a year or more on the faculties at Harvard, Stanford, and Case Western Reserve. He was Visiting Professor for a year at the Dana Farber Cancer Center at Harvard.
State Organizations Endorsing HR676
- Lorain, OH
- Oberlin, OH
- Lorain County, OH
- Single-Payer Action Network (SPAN), Ohio
Local Unions Endorsing HR676
- USWA Local 1375, Warren, OH
- Division 4, Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen (BLET), Rail Conference, IBT, Toledo, OH
- Lorain County AFL-CIO Federation of Labor, Lorain, OH
- Cleveland AFL-CIO Retiree Council, Cleveland, OH
- Toledo Area Jobs with Justice, Toledo, OH
- Ashtabula AFL-CIO Retiree Council, Ashtabula, OH
- Ashtabula AFL-CIO Labor Council, Ashtabula, OH
- Cleveland Painters District Council 6 Retiree Council, Cleveland, OH
- AFSCME Retirees, Chapter 1184, Sub-Chapter 109, Northwest Ohio
- Cleveland AFL-CIO Federation of Labor, Cleveland, OH
- Ohio State Legislative Board, Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers & Trainmen (BLET), Rail Conference, IBT, Columbus, OH
- Toledo Area AFL-CIO Council, Toledo, OH
- Dayton, Springfield, Sidney, Miami Valley AFL-CIO Regional Labor Council, Dayton, OH
- Local 50, Plumbers and Steamfitters, United Association (UA), Northwood, OH
- Ohio AFL-CIO, July 19, 2006, at Convention in Cincinnati
- Ohio Alliance for Retired Americans (ARA), State Convention, September 2006
- Ohio Steelworkers Organization of Active Retirees (SOAR)
- Local 546M, Graphic Communications Conference, GCC/IBT, Cleveland, OH
- Cincinnati AFL-CIO Labor Council
- International Association of Machinists and Aerspace Workers (IAMAW) District Lodge 34