PNHP’s 2019 Leadership Training will take place Friday, November 1, at the Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square. The training includes PNHP’s Annual Meeting, which will be held the following day, Saturday, November 2.
Registration for the program will be available soon. To nominate someone for the program, please send the nominee’s information to email@example.com.
The PNHP Leadership Training is for health professional advocates who are looking to take a leadership role in the grassroots movement for single payer.
The Leadership Training is an organizing training that focuses on developing specific advocacy skills in media, chapter development, health policy, and public education.
The faculty are nationally known researchers, teachers and leaders present data making the case for national health insurance and answer the “tough questions” of opponents. Small group and plenary sessions provide the opportunity for in-depth discussion of the material and extensive personal attention.
Most participants are physicians or physicians-in-training; a select few non-physician allied health professionals also participate.
At the end of this course, participants will be equipped to:
- Articulate the national single-payer vision to colleagues and confidently debunk common myths.
- Utilize PNHP resources to develop and present a grand rounds or single payer presentation aimed towards a health professional audience.
- Create a local media strategy that includes meaningful engagement in social media platforms
- Plan and participate in a lobby visit with an elected official
- Develop a local organizing strategy