PNHP is committed to focusing on specific “Kitchen Table” issues, to show how single-payer Medicare for All would address Americans’ most pressing health care problems. See below for materials related to our Summer 2021 issue, America’s maternal mortality crisis, and scroll to the bottom for a list of additional topics.
America’s maternal mortality crisis (Summer 2021)
The United States is a tragic outlier among virtually all nations when it comes to large-scale, preventable, and worsening maternal mortality. This crisis is especially acute for Black and Indigenous mothers, and could be significantly reduced by meeting basic health needs through readily accessible, lifelong, and culturally competent care.
We encourage you to share the materials below with your colleagues, family members, friends, and neighbors during the summer of 2021 to remind them that our maternal mortality crisis is a kitchen table issue…and that Medicare for All is a necessary part of the solution.
Complete maternal mortality toolkit
- One-page talking points handout: America’s maternal mortality crisis and Medicare for All
- Comparison chart: America’s maternal mortality crisis: Current system vs. Medicare for All
- PNHP Policy Primer: America’s maternal mortality crisis and Medicare for All
- PowerPoint slides: Our maternal mortality is a solvable problem
- Webinar: Dr. Beth Pineles on maternal mortality
- Test your knowledge: Take PNHP’s interactive quiz on America’s maternal mortality crisis
- Podcast: Dr. Ashley Duhon on reproductive justice and Medicare for All
- Social media: Share on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
Webinar: Dr. Beth Pineles on maternal mortality
Quiz: Test your knowledge of U.S. maternal health
If you need assistance with events or actions, contact the PNHP organizing team at firstname.lastname@example.org. For help with messaging materials, contact PNHP communications specialist Clare Fauke at email@example.com.
If you would like to provide expertise or help develop materials for future Kitchen Table topics, please contact PNHP president Dr. Susan Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review previous installments of the Kitchen Table Campaign, and stay tuned for additional topics in the future:
- Surprise billing (January 2020)
- Racial health inequities (February 2020)
- Rural health (March 2020)
- Pandemics and public health emergencies (April 2020)
- COVID-19 and racial health inequities (Spring 2020)
- COVID-19 endangers health care workers (Summer 2020)
- Measuring candidate health plans (Fall 2020)
- Mental health care (Spring 2021)
- Maternal mortality (Summer 2021)