Email us for information on local activists.
Alan L. Kenwood, MD, FACEP
Dr. Alan Kenwood has been a practicing emergency physician for over 30 years. More than any other specialists, emergency medicine physicians see the faults of our health care system. Prior to becoming an emergency physician, he served in the US Army Special Forces at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. As a member of PNHP-NJ Dr. Kenwood has spoken all over the state about the benefits of single payer healthcare.
William Thar, MD, MPH
Dr. Thar is a physician who has experience in many sectors of health care. A graduate of Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, he did his residency at the University of Michigan, where he also received his MPH in Health Care Administration and Epidemiology. He has operated a private primary care practice, been the Medical Director of rural public health programs, directed epidemiology programs at a major U.S. corporation, where he also provided medical consultation to their health care benefits programs, and was a developer and Medical Director of a health care management company before his retirement. Dr. Thar has seen the fragmented, expensive, and highly variable care provided in the United States and is committed to the development of a National Health Program based on HR 676 that can serve all of the people of the United States.
Local Unions Endorsing HR676
- Local 825, Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU), River Edge, NJ
- Bergen County Central Trades & Labor Council, Paramus, NJ
- Retirees Council, Bergen County Central Trades and Labor Council, AFL-CIO, Paramus, NJ
- Local 1L, Amalgamated Lithographers of America, Graphic Communications Conference/International Brother of Teamsters (GCC/IBT Local 1L), New Jersey
- Mercer County Central Labor Council, Mercer County, NJ
- Burlington County Central Labor Union, Riverside, NJ
- Essex-West Hudson Labor Council AFL-CIO, Newark, NJ
- Local 9, Plumbers and Pipefitters, UA, Englishtown, NJ
- Passaic County Labor Council
- Hudson County Central Labor Council AFL-CIO, Jersey City, NJ
- Middlesex County AFL-CIO Labor Council, North Brunswick, NJ
- New Jersey State Industrial Union Council