Access our online toolkit here.
Fifty-four years ago this week, Medicare was signed into law. This landmark program dramatically improved the lives of America’s seniors by providing major medical coverage and real financial protection for marginalized patients.
Our vision is to improve this popular program by expanding benefits, totally eliminating cost-sharing, and expanding enrollment to include all U.S. residents. Improved Medicare for All is the only solution to our ongoing health care crisis.
Join us for our 2019 Medicare Week of Action by partaking in any or all of the following:
- Monday, July 29: Webinar: Medicare’s effect on the disability community
- Tuesday, July 30: Writing op-eds and letters to the editor
- Wednesday, July 31: Twitter discussion: Medicare’s effect on segregated hospitals
- Thursday, August 1: Flyering in your community
- Friday, August 2: Pre-recorded webinar: Forming a relationship with your representative
- Saturday, August 3: Medicare birthday parties
More information can be found in our comprehensive online toolkit, including links to relevant resources and contact information for PNHP leaders, health justice advocates, and national office staff involved in each day’s activities.
Once our Medicare Week is Action is complete, we encourage you to visit our Take Action page for even more suggestions on how you can get active in the fight for single payer.