Click HERE to register!
The PNHP Annual Meeting and SNaHP Summit will be held at the Crowne Plaza Atlanta – Midtown, located at 590 W Peachtree St NW, Atlanta, GA 30308.
Sleeping rooms are available at the Crowne Plaza for $169/night and may be booked two ways:
- Online HERE, click “Book Now” and use the group code PNH in the “rate preference” selection.
- Call 404-877-9000 and ask to speak with a reservations agent. Be sure to mention you are booking with the Physicians for a National Health Program group.
Schedule of Events
Note changes to the schedule from previous years when planning your travel.
Friday, Nov. 10
- Optional Single Payer and PNHP 101 session, 12:00 p.m.
- Leadership Training, 1:00 p.m. – 5:10 p.m.
- Note: There is no Leadership Training dinner this year
- SNaHP and residents session with CIR, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 11
- SNaHP welcome session, 8:00 a.m.
- PNHP Annual Meeting, 9:00 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
- Dedicated SNaHP Summit sessions will be held throughout the day
- Member Interest Group meetings and social hour, 5:15 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- PNHP’s 35th Anniversary Dinner, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 12
- SNaHP Summit, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Regional meetings, 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- PNHP Board of Directors meet and greet, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Public Action, early afternoon, exact start time and location TBA, expect to finish by 3:00 p.m. – bring your white coat!
To request a meeting for a Member Interest Group (MIG), please contact deputy director Matt Petty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This conference will not be livestreamed in its entirety, but recordings of select sessions will be made available after the meeting.
Keynote Speaker: Camara P. Jones, MD, MPH, PhD, “Confronting Racism Denial: Naming Racism and Moving to Action”
Dr. Camara Jones is Past President of the American Public Health Association and Commissioner, O’Neill-Lancet Commission on Racism, Structural Discrimination, and Global Health.
Health Policy Update: Adam Gaffney, MD, MPH and James Waters
Dr. Adam Gaffney is Past President of PNHP, assistant professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School, and a pulmonary and critical care physician at Cambridge Health Alliance. James Waters is an executive board member of SNaHP and third-year medical student at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University.
Meeting Chair: Philip Verhoef, MD, PhD
Dr. Phil Verhoef is president of PNHP, an adult and pediatric intensivist, and clinical associate professor of medicine at the John A. Burns School of Medicine at the University of Hawaii-Manoa.
Student and Resident Scholarships
Scholarships are available to students and residents to cover a portion of the cost of travel, and for housing in PNHP’s block of student rooms. Apply today HERE; more information is available HERE. Applications are due by August 31.
PNHP members and the public can support PNHP’s student outreach programs by making a GIFT to the Nicholas Skala Student Fund.
Information on related actions is forthcoming.
The 2023 Health Activist Dinner at APHA is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 12, with further information TBA. PNHP is a co-sponsor of this event.
Covid Safety Protocols
PNHP’s Board of Directors and medical experts will establish Covid safety protocols for the conference by early October.
Previous Annual Meetings
Attending the 2023 PNHP Annual Meeting and SNaHP Summit is entirely voluntary and requires attendees to abide by any applicable rules of conduct, or local or state laws, that may be announced at any time. Attendees acknowledge the highly contagious and evolving nature of Covid-19 and voluntarily assume the risk of exposure to, or infection with, the virus by attending the Meeting, and understand that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, disability, and/or death. Attendees release and agree not to sue any persons or entities responsible for coordinating or organizing the PNHP Annual Meeting and SNaHP Summit in the event that they contract Covid-19. Attendees agree to comply with all Covid-related procedures that may be implemented at the Meeting, including mask-wearing.